Friday, June 12, 2009

Saved By Violin

I had been growing my hair for several years I had a long pony tail in the back was a full blown "Longhair" But with my contests coming up I wanted to use my real hair as Elvis. I chose a very expensive hair salon to do the job. I brought several pictures of as many angles as Elvis circa 1972-1974 as I could. I first showed the manager some pictures and asked if they could cut my hair like the pictures, he said that they could. I was introduced to the hairstylist and showed her the pictures and asked if she could cut my hair like the pictures and she said she could. First Red Light went off in my head when she barely looked at the pictures, I mistook this for confidence. She washed my hair and I explained the importance of my hair for the upcoming contest. She then went to work and almost before I knew it cut my hair waaaaaaay too short I am talking short like Elvis in the army. First chop of my ponytail and my Elvis "DO" was destroyed but my hair was wet and maybe just maybe she knew what she was doing. Well she didn't I was so mad I couldn't speak.

I searched all the local wig shops hair extension salons, you name it, no luck everything was too expensive. Then my savior at Hair Unlimited Andrew looked through his shop and said he found something that may work. I went in and saw a strange girly wig but it was black. Losing hope and becoming depressed in walked Violin (can't be her real name)
She is a beautiful Asian lady of a certain age who worked a miracle on that wig and now I have some award winning "Elvis Hair" so I guess everything worked out for the best. Thank you fine wonderful folks at Hair Unlimited especially Violin the miracle worker! I will post photo's soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment