Monday, May 25, 2009

Ivey Ranch Elementary and King Kruk

About a week ago I performed at the Ivey Ranch Elementary "Sock Hop"
I didn't know how the kids would react to Elvis (King Kruk) but was quite pleasantly surprised. From the second I entered I felt like the real King kids shrieked and screamed like it was 1971 all over again. The crowd wasn't even born when Elvis was alive in fact a few Moms probably were not alive when Elvis was alive.
You can hear the reaction of the kids Here I would like to think the kids reaction was for me but that is the trap of Elvis tribute artists to believe that they are actually as great as the man they impersonate. While we look and sound close we can never hope to be as good or have the impact that Elvis did. We fulfill a void perhaps and try to re-connect a link to history that sadly was taken from us too soon. Neverthless it still makes me feel great when the crowd cheers I guess I get a little taste of what it was like to be Elvis, and it makes being an Elvis tribute artist pretty awesome.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment