Monday, May 4, 2009

King Kruk Lookin' Sharp in his Lanskey shirt






About ten years ago I was able to get on down to Memphis and visited Bernard Lanskey at his shop at the Peabody Hotel. I wandered in and at first Bernard wasn't there but someone must have told him there was some Elvis lookin dude perusing the merchandise. After about a half an hour Mr. Lanskey walked in and gave me that million dollar smile of a born salesman and he knew he had me hooked. It was actually his clothes that reeled me in . He had some beautifully tailored shirts on a rack all isolated and alone with the "Clothier to the King" label on them.
I was torn between a nifty silver number made out of some fine velvet or the very one you see in the pictures here. Bernard and I talked all things Elvis for the better part of three quarters of an hour and I tried on various shirts and a few trousers but the striped shirt kept catching my eye.
He said "It's got you don't it?"
I said "I reckon it does."
Mr. Lanskey said "well, You better buy two then, In case you lose one."
I bought one and I haven't lost it yet take a look folks King Kruk looking sharp in a design from the Kings original clothier Bernard Lanskey.

No comments:

Post a Comment