Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Life as Elvis


I wanted to write or at least try to write why just why do I "do" Elvis. It is hard to explain but it comes from my love of performing obviously also my love of Elvis. It is infectious at times to walk the streets in my Elvis garb and experience the smiles Elvis puts on peoples faces. It is more than that though and I did not count on this happening I always thought that it was a passing thing just something I do to get some extra money. But it expanded into more as people get more into it I get more into it and more reverent of the mystique of Elvis. It cannot be said enough that the reason Elvis has spawned such a following is his incredible talent. Even completely high on several prescription drugs his voice is still amazing and he is still gorgeous. Simply awesome and when I am King Kruk I get a residual buzz a ripple effect for example if Elvis was the "Big Bang" he still effects the rest of us and we enjoy fleeting moments of glory when we really nail a song or sometimes even a whole set.
The terrible thing is that most people are not so discerning of their Elvis often just some guy in a jumpsuit can pass himself off as an Elvis Tribute Artist and even get gigs in his "booger" Elvis outfit and terrible voice. These are the "joke" Elvi
whom make me cringe and want to just grab the people who hire them by the lapels of their leisure suit and say "what the hell are you thinking! That guy is a Fookin Joke!!" But people are what they are and often just go for some cheap hack instead of trying to give their loved ones a real show from someone who puts his hearty and soul into it. We are out there so please if you want Elvis go with someone who actually looks and sounds at least a little like him. Not just some guy in a jumpsuit! - King Kruk

No comments:

Post a Comment